Dill Paratha






Dill is also known as sabasige soppu (south karnataka), sabsi (north karnataka), shepu (maharashtra and parts of Mangalore), savaa (UP and northern states of India), soa-kura (Andhra Pradesh), chathakuppa (Kerala) and various others names in rest of India and other countries. Its a herb basically which has very strong and pungent flavour. 

It is one among my favorite leafy vegetables, and if you guys don't believe me, then ask my mom what was the first thing I told her when she asked me what is special about USA?, I said " Amma we get sabsi pallya(Dill leaves) at the farmer's market". 

All I knew about Dill and its usage is that it makes one of the best curries with toovar daal and moong daal, until one of my friend named Shweta Naik Singh (kuku as we address her), introduced me to these wonderful and flavorful parathe. You can savor it with curds (yogurt) or pickle.

The moment I had them, I instantly fell in love with dill leaves all over again. I strongly recommend you all to try making it and post a challenge to kuku, coz she makes one of the best shepu parathas in the whole world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment