Ghee Roast Masala Dosa



Oh what fun it is to make this scrumptious masala dosa plus an extraordinarily great end product is like cherry on the cake... I hail from northern part of Karnataka, where dosa making is no less than rocket science for us.. This might be coz we have different set of breakfast items on the menu.. Whenever we feel like having this delicacy we hop onto a rickshaw go to the Kamath Cafe in the super market and eat it to our heart's content... But slowly and steadily things are changing and more and more people are including this in their daily breakfast menu.

To share my experiences on making Dosa, I have to say, I have been trying and have multiple failed attempts too since years to get a perfect dosa which is crisp on outside and at the same time soft on inside.. Whenever i'am trying out dishes like idli or dosa which requires fermentation, I don't get proper sleep the previous night as I desperately wait to check if the batter has risen or not :P

Luckily as a blessing in disguise I happen to come across this youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgLGOP7M9qE ( batter and red chutney preperation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffb_bGipFkw (dosa making and potato masala)

The lady has explained each step right from making the batter, the red chutney, and the potato masala very clearly and precisely. I tried this out and was in all praises from my husband, he said that the dish reminded him of Vidyarthi Bhavana in Bangalore ( i haven't had the chance of going there personally), which is very popular for its dosas. 

A good beginning always has a good ending.. So start off your day with this tasty dish and I'am sure your day is gonna end happily...

P.S : I have substituted oil with ghee for additional taste but you can prefer oil instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment